Want to make your office corona-proof? There are a lot of challenges for business owners looking to safely reopen their office spaces. Beyond keeping a distance of two meters and regularly washing your hands, what can be done to ensure a safe working environment? Perspex screens are essential for close working environments. As seen in most shops that are currently operating, by stopping the spread of particles from sneezes and coughs, protective screens allow employees to work, meet and interact more safely. Discover our useful tips for a corona proof office, so that employees and customers are protected as much as possible against COVID-19.
Government guidelines for socially distanced office spaces
Before we tell you about the possibilities of perspex to make your office safe, here is the government guidance for getting Brits back to work issued by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS):
- All reasonable steps should be taken by employers to help people work from home. But those who cannot work from home and whose workplace has not been told to close, should go to work. Staff should speak to their employer about when their workplace will open.
- Carry out a COVID-19 risk assessment in consultation with workers or trade unions to establish what guidelines to put in place. If possible, employers should publish the results of their risk assessments on their website.
- Maintain two metres social distancing, wherever possible. Employers should re-design workspaces by staggering start times, creating one way walk-throughs, opening more entrances and exits, or changing seating layouts.
- Where people cannot be two metres apart employers should look into putting barriers in shared spaces, creating workplace shift patterns or fixed teams minimising the number of people in contact with one another, or ensuring colleagues are facing away from each other to manage the transmission risk.
- Workplaces should be cleaned more frequently, paying close attention to high-contact objects like door handles and keyboards. Employers should provide handwashing facilities or hand sanitisers at entry and exit points.
- Employers should display a notice in their workplaces to show their employees, customers and other visitors that they have followed this guidance.
Set up a ‘Corona-proof’ workplace
Since it is not feasible for most offices to place all desks at a distance of two meters, acrylic sheet is an excellent solution being used by schools and businesses around the world to help them reopen safely. That is why we have devised a number of solutions especially for office spaces. In our range of perspex screens you will find desk or table screens. We offer desk screens in small or large variants. The small desk screen is suitable as a barrier between two people sitting next to each other. The large desk screen is ideal if you want to protect workers sitting opposite sides of the same desk. Our monitor screens also offer a solution here.
Why use perspex screens for desks?
By attaching a perspex screen to either the long or short side of your desk, you create a splash screen that prevents the spread of COVID-19 by catching droplets from coughs and sneezes. This allows employees to work safely side by side or opposite each other even if they are unable to remain two meters apart. Of course, screens are just an element of the precautions that should be in place, but they do allow for greater flexibility when conducting a gradual reopening of the workplace. Versatility is one of the great things about our desk screens – you can use them for almost any desk and they are easy and quick to assemble. They are also easy to move. Due to the sleek design and the clarity of the acrylic sheet, the screens keep the feeling of spaciousness and friendly atmosphere, rather than feeling like partitions.
Telephone calls and video conferences are far from ideal for meetings, and the time when we could all sit around a long conference table feels like a distant memory. However, there are still ways to have in-person meetings safely. We have devised a solution for a conference table in which you can create one or more partitions over a table. These tabletop screens are fitted with two black steel clamps that can be used for all types of tables – handy, if you want to call a meeting with several people at the same time.
Make the reception area office safe for guests
Almost every medium-to-large company has a reception or waiting area for guests and / or customers. Our freestanding acrylic screens are ideal to ensure that they remain protected. These screens can provide a partition between tables and chairs, are easy to move and have a professional and attractive appearance.
Take a safe break at the office
Whether employees have lunch in a company restaurant, canteen or at a long lunch table, you’ll want to give them the opportunity to take a safe break. That is why we offer various plexiglass screens that ensure that the staff remain as well protected as possible. For example, place freestanding perspex screens between the lunch tables or create perspex partitions over long lunch tables. Protect the staff at the cash register with a hanging perspex screen or with one of our standing checkout screens.